Tuesday, October 5, 2010

3 Weeks and Counting!!

Well we are on the count down to surgery. I cannot believe that in 3 weeks we will be in Atlanta getting ready for our sweet little man's 1st cochlear implant. HOW EXCITING!?!?!?! I can't wait to hear my baby boy to say "Mommy" and I praying and believing that this is going to happen.

I spent most of the morning trying to find a vaccine that Peyton needs before surgery. I was told that it would not be a problem, but that was not the case. It is really sad that your local health department will not give Peyton the vaccination because we have insurance. I always thought that having insurance was a good thing! Anyway, thanks to a great pediatrician and his wonderful staff the vaccine has been located and Peyton will be getting it tomorrow afternoon.

We had therapy today. We have only been going every other week until after surgery and I am ready to start back every week. Yes, it is tiring but like I've said so many times before, Candace is like our family therapist and I think I need it as much as Peyton does. Peyton did a really good job today. He had not taken a nap today and did not sleep any on the way so we were a little worried but he did good. He did a GREAT job discriminating today and he even imitated several sounds. He had never done this during therapy! We were really proud of him. It's amazing the progress he has made in a year. Of course he's worked really hard and, bless his heart, the hard work is far from over. But thanks to an amazing therapist, Robby and I have have tons of fun activities that we do with him at home that he has no idea that he is even working! We also have the help and support of family and friends. We are truly blessed.

Well Peyton is sound asleep and so it's time for some "me" time. Good Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment