Tuesday, November 23, 2010

First day of therapy…well not really!

No, it’s not his first day of therapy but today was his first day of therapy since his CI was turned on. It really wasn’t the therapy session I was hoping for. Peyton cried a lot and I think he is just really tired. He did respond better but I was just hoping for a little more. Candace and I both think he was just exhausted both auditory exhaustion and physical exhaustion. He’s had a really busy few days. We went early today because of being out of school for Thanksgiving Holidays and Robby didn’t go. My sweet boys from Pembroke, Blake and Garrett, are staying with us for a few days so they went with us. Blake and Garrett (and their parents) are very good friends of mine. They are like family to us and we are very excited for them to be here for a couple of days. I met their parents’ on Sunday. Monday we went to the Georgia Aquarium and had a blast. Peyton loved it. Then we met Robby’s parents and nephews at Logan’s in Athens for dinner. It was a very busy day but we really had a great time. Those boys are the best ever. I can only hope that Peyton grows up and behaves as well as they do. They have to go home tomorrow and it makes me sad. Today after therapy, they played with my nephews and will play with them some more tomorrow. I am also keeping a friend’s little boy so that she and her husband can go to Atlanta with our youth group so I will have a house full of boys tomorrow. It will be a lot of fun though!

No comments:

Post a Comment