Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Well I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know we did! We definately have a lot to be thankful for this year! On Thursday we ate Thanksgiving lunch with Robby's family and it was wonderful, as usual. After lunch, we loaded up and headed south. We got to Blackshear, to my parents' house, about 7:30. We got up very early Friday morning to go shopping. This is a tradition that we do with my Aunt Cindy every year. We go shopping for a while and then come home to another huge Thanksgiving lunch with my family. Of course, Peyton stays home with MeMe and Poppy and gets to sleep a little later than we did. Our Thanksgiving lunch was wonderful at my parents' as well and we really enjoyed visiting with everyone. They really enjoyed spending time with Peyton.

Peyton is doing really good! At first, I was worried because he wasn't responding to anything but now that has changed. I seem to forget that he has to learn how to listen and to respond to sound. Friday he really started turning to sound and to his name. Yesterday, when we were leaving MeMe and Poppy's house he looked at Poppy and said "Bye" just as clear as can be. I thought we were all going to pass out. He also started saying "Hey" this weekend. We tried to get him to say "bye" again but it just came out as "I". That's ok...I'll take it! Now that we are back home he is really responding to his name more, not all the time but definately more than he was. Thanksgiving has a different meaning for us this year. We are very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment