Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Another day with Ms. Candace!!

Well we had another great day at therapy. Ms. Candace is our therapist and we absolutely adore her. She really loves what she does and loves my little boy which is VERY important!!

Peyton responded to a few sounds today. He is detecting some sounds but can't quite yet localize it. He is working very hard though. We got 3 new learn to listen sounds (bus,horse,cat) to go along with the 3 (airplane,phone,dog) from last week. We are also working on two function words: eat and shake.

I think Ms.Candace was proud of him and I know his Mommy and Daddy were! We worked on his new words on the way home. He acts like he really enjoys it!

We also got some good news at the Auditory-Verbal Center today. Our insurance approved Peyton's therapy, for now anyway. That really takes a lot off of us.

Peyton also walked a good bit tonight...FINALLY!! He has been walking some but not like I thought he should be! Tonight I turned around and he was coming across the kitchen. I was one proud Mama. He walked more than crawled tonight. Next week this time I will be wishing he was still just crawling!!!

Well it's about time to call it a night! Peyton has been out since about 8:30. Therapy really does him in. Now it is my turn! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment