Thursday, August 13, 2009

Busy Wednesday!!

Well today was a very busy day! I had to work, of course. Peyton stayed with Gran Gran and Grandpapa like always on Wednesdays. Gran Gran worked with Peyton a lot today on his sounds! She is wonderful and helps me out a lot!

After work, I came home and got him and headed to Athens. I had dinner plans with several of our youth girls from church so Peyton stayed with Ms. Pauline. For those of you that don't know Ms. Pauline, she is the incredible lady that keeps Peyton on Tuesdays and Thursdays! She also worked on his sounds with him! I don't know what we would do without all the extra help with Peyton's therapy. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

On the way home from Athens we passed a man riding a horse and stopped and made it a "listening" moment and practiced our sound for horse! After we got home, we worked on some sound conditioning but Peyton was so tired that he was not very interested! I figured it was bath time but that does not mean therapy is over for the day! We even practice his sounds in the tub. After his tubby we read a book (also practicing his sounds with the pictures in the book) and then it was off to bed!

We have really learned to make this a part of our life!! Peyton is leaving to go to MiMi's and Poppy's for the weekend tomorrow but that does not mean he gets a break from therapy. The whole family has been trained on this stuff so the detecting and discriminating will continue. Mommy and Daddy will just get a break!

5 comments:

  1. Mommy and Daddy need a break every now and then. Good job spotting the horse and making it a learning moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin! praying for sweet Peyton! I've got a blog too, which should be linked. check it out if you get any free time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading about sweet Peyton :). So glad you have such love and support! Peyton is one lucky little fella to have you for a Mommy :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A+ for AVT this week! :) xxxx's 2 P! Next week's L2L sd. is War Eagle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the sweet comments! Erin, I will definately check out your blog. Kate is SO precious!! Candace, I am sure Robby will love that!:) I just told him this morning that if Auburn beats us this year, Peyt will HAVE to be sick the following Tuesday. I am really glad you are reading the blog because I am sure there will be things on here that I forget to mention in AVT!

    Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete